Thursday, October 27, 2011

Healthy Inspiration

Today after 3 and a half weeks of not hitting the gym I finally got back on that horse. I did 10.5 km on the bike and 1.2 km walking/running.  I felt so much better after working out. I got to watch the sun rise as I walked the track.


I realized that this whole working out thing is not going to work if I'm not into it.  Just like quitting smoking. It only worked when I was fully committed. I don't think my head is quite in the right head space.  Rock has gotten there, he has now lost a considerable amount of weight and feeling a million times better,


Isn't he looking good.?

And then there is my friend T.  She's the one who is dragging me kicking and screaming into becoming a healthier person.  We were about the same size in the spring but she's now looking HOT.

This is her on her vacation last week.


She has been literally working her butt off. She took the triathlon training and ran with it and then sum. She went from training for the bike portion to the triathlon relay to preparing for the Ride for cancer and either the duathlon or triathlon.   I am amazed and in awe of what she has accomplished.   
T on race day in Sept. 

Maybe between her and Rock I will get that motivation and stick with it.  I need something because the 3 weeks off caused the scale to move in the wrong direction. 


Ania

No comments: