Thursday, June 2, 2011

Crafting for a Cure

So the bug that I've been fighting since Monday has finally got a hold of me. Sadly I didn't work out this morning (3rd week in a row) or go to work (I talk on phones for a living, that's not going to help a sore throat and a froggy voice). I stayed home with the 2 little ones who also weren't feeling well.

So today there is no update on my training, but I did want to share a few of my newest projects.

I finished my last Hope picture

So I am donating it to help out a friend raise money for the Weekend to End Women's Cancers. I'm doing this to help up a bunch of people, to help my friend, to help family members who've battled cancer and in MIL's memory. If you want to help out to you can donate here. Please donate if you can, even small amounts help. Even if you can only give $10, it all adds up. If 100 people give $10 then they are $1000 closer to their $10,000 goal.

Because I haven't been feeling good so I thought I would just do some colouring. I printed out a few of my pictures in black and white to colour.

I did my first one and it turned out cute.


And I did a second one.


And I turned it over and thought it looked better on the backside.


So I tried tracing the details onto a page backwards so when I was done colouring it would be the right way on the cool side.



Which lead me to try it on special paper designed for markers.


I love the way they turned out and how it was a process I kept building on.

So today when I was home and surfing the web on my laptop (my biggest accomplishment for the day) and pinning all the things I would love to try and make on pinterst, it got me to thinking that since I returned back to work I don't have time to craft anymore. I guess that's why I post lots of pics of my artwork. Paint, markers, crayons are all portable and things I can work on during my breaks and lunches. Weekends come about and after cleaning the house and doing fun activities with the kids there is very little crafting time. During the week, after dinner and homework we go for walks taking advantage of the nice weather. Then it's bath time and bedtime. By the time everyone is in bed, I want to join them not go pulling out my supplies and craft ( well I do want to I just don't have the energy to do it). Maybe tomorrow I'll pull out my supplies and try and play.

No comments: