Friday, May 13, 2011

This and That

I had wanted to write this post yesterday but I spent the evening at Monkey's school council meeting. They were discussing the new food policy and seeing that she had peanut and tree nut allergies I wanted to see what they had to say. The policy conforms to Sabrina's Law so no issue there but I did find out some disturbing news there that I'm not sure what to do about. I'm more concerned about it when reading my friend's post about using an epi-pen on her son for the first time. They mentioned that they have bought cakes from not a nut free facility (which I'm ok with). What disturbs me about this is that they never mentioned it to the parents who's children would be affected by it. If our children's lives could be put at risk should we the parents not have a say in it? Why is the school making those decisions? And Monkey normally questions what she's eating if she's not sure but if teachers are giving it out then she wouldn't because they should be trusted. Still need to figure out what to do about this.

I did wake up early yesterday morning to train again. I'm at the point where I'm just working to build up endurance. I did the 750m in 16 minutes again (I still haven't gotten around to getting a stop watch to time myself officially). My total work out was 1400m. Finally I'm starting not to feel as sore after the workouts. I'm feeling better overall. Who would have thunk that working out would make you feel good? ;).

Today's observation from the pool is just because you think you swim fast may not be entirely true. If you get passed 4 times in 200m then maybe you should move down to the medium lane. When I got back into the pool, I went into the medium lane because I figured it's been years since I swam so I don't want to hold anyone back. Even in the fast lane I pass people. I was talking to one of the fellow swimmers and told him what I was doing training for the triathlon relay. He asked me how long I've been swimming for. He was shocked when I told him it's only been 2 weeks and my 4th time in the pool. I was keeping up with him and he's been swimming for years. I guess the body doesn't forget because I'm kicking butt. 750m this year next year who knows. This has unleashed my competitive spirit, that's for sure.

And here are my most recent art creations.

Wednesday's creations



Thursday's Creations


And today's partly finished creation



And the most exciting thing. I won tickets to this event, Live Your Passion. I'm so excited to go, ignite my passion, learn more about me and re-energize.

No comments: