Friday, February 4, 2011

In a Funk


The last few days have been a bit rough on me. It seems like I've lost my creative mojo. I want to create, I try to create but the outcome isn't what I wanted, what I envisioned. I've been feeling very blah, I'm in a funk I can't seem to shake. I know I need to give myself time to grieve, time to get back to normal but I'm not use to that. I'm use to being on the go all the time, always having a project and here I am not wanting to do anything.
I had a good chat with a friend, who let me cry, affirmed that I am a good person and am silly for thinking some of things I'm thinking of. I learnt that sometimes it's OK not to feel OK with yourself.
I'm also going to try and create something everyday. It doesn't have to be great, it doesn't have to be useful or pretty but just get something done. I've gone through a lot the last 2 years, lots of change, lots of loss. It's going to take time to get over that. I need to learn to be gentle with myself. Give myself the same love and opportunities I give others, lower my standards. We associate February with love, this February I'm going to learn to love myself again.


On a side note this morning Tutu woke me up with sloppy, slobbery baby kisses and there is nothing better then that.

No comments: