Friday, January 21, 2011

Resolutions


The new year, January is a time when people make resolutions, reflect on themselves. I've been using this time to reflect on where I am and where I want to be. Who I've become and who I've yet to become. But this year I was avoiding it. I didn't want to do it because last year I had made some intentions and I thought that they didn't manifest. When reflecting on what it was I had intended, they did come through just not the way I wanted.
Some of my intentions last year were to have another baby and Tutu was born in March. A bigger home with a yard, and that happened just over a year ago. A few smaller things as well. The things I felt that hadn't happened was spending time with family and friends. I thought what I wanted was to enjoy our new home and entertain family and friends. Just relax and have a good time. While that didn't happen the way I wanted I did spend time with family and friends. Also new friends came into my life. Especially the last few months we spent a lot of time with family. And my friends showed me so much love and support. I am so grateful for that.
Now that I realize that maybe things didn't happen they way I thought they would I did manifest my intentions.
And now for my intentions for 2011:
I still want 2011 to be about family and friends but in the way I envisioned. entertaining and having a good time.
Taking some time for me, some time to reflect on myself, figure out where I want to go and take time to create.
I want to find a new career. I don't know what I want to do just yet but I want it to be something that I'm passionate about. Something that brings me joy. I love the people I work with but not the job itself.
I want to take a photography course.
I want to sell some of my creations.
I want to make it up to my children for neglecting them the last 2 years. I want to give them the experiences we weren't able to give them.
I want to encourage them and help them grow.
Today I'm realizing that I can manifest my destiny, that doesn't mean hard work isn't involved but I CAN make my dreams come true and so can you.

No comments: