Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Muffin

Happy 3rd Birthday to my middle child. Muffin has turned 3, I can't believe how time has flown.


Today has been a productive day for me. I made marshmallow fondant for Muffin's cake.




The cake itself didn't turn out, the cake tasted great, the filling I made was great but the cake was too soft and fell apart. I ended up making a birthday trifle and put the other cakes outside to harden so I can ice them for Saturday. Good thing I baked extra cakes.


I went shopping to pick up a non stick rolling pin (which I didn't end up needing today) and got 2 grab bags full of stuff for $2 each. I got some worthless stuff and stuff I was super excited to get. So worth the $4 spent.




And last but not least I used some of the extra fabric flowers I had to update a skirt I had that had a stain on the front and has been sitting in my closet for a few years. I can't wait to wear it on Saturday with my bib necklace to Muffin's birthday party. Sadly I haven't gotten around to taking a photo of the necklace or skirt on me but I will rectify that on Saturday.

Before


After


Hopefully tomorrow will be as productive as I have a lot of prep to do for Muffin's party.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

OMG I can't believe she's three!!!! She such a little beauty, too. Those beautiful piercing blue eyes! I hope you all have a fabulous time today! And don't overwork yourself too much. A happy momma makes for a better party! <3 Smooches!