Thursday, January 27, 2011

The cake is made

So today was another productive day, I finished cleaning up my MIL's room and I got the cake finished. I'm proud of the way it turned out. It's not perfect but for my first time I think it's pretty good. I've learned from my mistakes and know how to make things better for the next time.


The cake dirty iced




The cake with the supports put in (you can see here some of my mistakes, the fondant was cut a bit too short)



Partway through the decorating


And the finished cake. No perfect but I think it's good for a first try. And marshmallow fondant, while cheap to make, also tastes better then regular fondant (still not great but better).





And here are some random pictures of Muffin and Tutu playing pot lid drums in the kitchen this afternoon.



Looking at Tutu he reminds me of my brother's baby pictures.

Tomorrow is going to be another busy day. I need to pick up last minute things for the party, pick up balloons, clean up the house and decorate. I seriously don't know how I use to host parties when I worked (I think I got very little sleep the few days leading up to it, to ensure everything got done). And it's also a sad reminder that in about 2 months I have to go back. Something I am not looking forward to, I wish I could stay home with my little ones.

No comments: